Hebei Baoding: Silent takeaway food delivery staff. (Photo by Yang Leitao from People’s Daily Online)
From January to April, the income of China’s catering industry reached 1.4 trillion yuan with a 9.3 percent increase year-on-year. The catering income accounted for 10.8 percent of the total retail sales of consumer goods in the period.
The catering industry will grow in a reasonable scope, and it will be able to sustain this development, according to China Cuisine Association (CCA). They believe that the sector will continue playing an important role in pushing healthy economic development.
Multiple organizations predicted that China’s 2019 catering income will reach 4.9 trillion yuan and the number will increase to 7 trillion yuan by 2023.
Takeaway services have become a driving force of the thriving catering industry. In 2018, the online market volume increased 112.5 percent and the number of take-out orders 200 percent compared with the year before.
Thanks to booming online sales and cold-chain logistics technology, catering companies are expected to see new points of growth, the association added.
Source：People’s Daily Online
- Fourth China-Arab States Expo contributes to high-quality development of BRI
- Promotion meeting of Overseas Economic Cooperation Zones brings investment opportunities for Belt and Road countries
- Business summit aims at boosting China-Arab business cooperation
- China, Arab States to see new opportunities for cooperation
- Fourth China-Arab States Expo Kicks off in Yinchuan, China
- BRI a symphony being played by all countries: Arab official