Edouard Meylan is the descendant of a watchmaking dynasty in the Vallée de Joux. His father Georges-Henri for many years was the CEO of Audemars Piguet, his grandfather a well-known watchmaker in the valley …
Georges-Henri Meylan, after retiring from Audemars Piguet decided to become an entrepreneur. He founded the MELB Holding and started investing in watchbands. H. Moder & Cie. and Hautlence are the two brands actually belonging to the MELB Holding. Georges-Henri Meylan once told me: “The idea is not to build something up and then sell it. It is to pass it on to the next generation.”
This is where Edouard Meylan comes into play …
Edouard is the CEO of H. Moser & Cie. based in Neuhausen in Switzerland. What we see today is no longer the H. Moser & Cie. we used to know a couple of years ago. The brand founded in 1828 today radiates new splendor.
In my eyes Edouard is one of the most talented and charismatic young leaders of this industry. Edouard enjoys an excellent reputation!
By the way this is the video Edouard launched on the 1. January 2017. This was the date when the Swiss Made rules became operative. For Edouard 60 % aren’t enough and therefore he became one prominent proponent of a much stricter Swiss Made label. “Let´s make Swiss Made great again” is his slogan …
And in case you did not see the video about the Swiss Alp Watch S before, please have a look at Edouard´s funny and creative response to the Apple Watch, the smart watches in general ….
The H. Moser & Cie. PIONEER CENTRE SECONDS AUTOMATIC by the way is the watch we talk about in the interview ….
Photo and Article Published by WatchAdvisor
- Some interesting facts about Nomos Glashütte
- JIN Zheng: ‘Belt and Road’ Deepen Cooperation Between Yongkang and Europe
- LU Lin: Five Cooperations Cause Tremendous Changes for Dalian City
- Interview: Belt and Road Initiative to contribute to poverty reduction: Swiss President
- Breaking News: Julien Tornare will become the next CEO of Zenith (Updated with picture and official press release)
- Interview with Ricardo Guadalupe, CEO Hublot